Monday, November 26, 2012

Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge: A project with heart

Good morning! This week for our Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge we want you to be inspired to craft a project with heart :)
I have always loved hearts, especially when I see them in projects, but up until recently I had yet to use them. NOW, and it has become a theme I am using quite a bit :) I better watch myself...it may become an addiction lol! My dt project is a mixed media heart board.

I started with a blank canvas that I adhered old dictionary pages to it with Mod Podge.

Next I covered the board with Gesso using my Ranger craft scraper tool.

The next step was to draw on three hearts and fill them in with all sorts of pretty brads, pearls, gems, and buttons. I am a little ashamed to admit it...but I don't think I have even made a dent in my embellishment stash!!! If you look in the center of each heart you will see the saying....follow your heart :)




I almost left the board like this, but I felt the hearts were just floating and it bothered me :) SO I coloured in the scallops and added a scalloped boarder. I also added more dimension to the background with some rub-ones and painted circles, as you can see in the top photo. 


We have a very special guest joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show. His name is Jim and he is known as the "Gentleman Crafter". Be sure to check him out....I know you will be amazed!
 

Please stop on over at the Simon Says Stamp and Show blog to see the wonderful creations of all the dt members. I so hope you can join us...for some random participant will be the lucky winner of $50 dollar store voucher at Simon Says Stamp!!!

Have a fabulous day! Thanks for visiting! Hugs, TRace


 

17 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love how you made the hearts!

Pajalu said...

Tracey this is wonderful. I can see why you could get addicted to making them. Love what you have done.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Trace, hope you are well. Your heart board is gorgeous. Live how you decorated the background with dictionary paper and then toned it down with Geso. Your hearts are stunning. Cannot believe you did not make a dent in your collection of buttons and embellishments lol. Love the wording added to the centre of each heart. Tracy x

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this....So Perfectly Done! Xo!

Anonymous said...

Bond says....I "heart" this board.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful Canvas board Tracey ! also a great way to use up some stash. I think I could make several of these without much of a dent. Love this idea, will have to give it a go ! Love coming here for your awesome tips ! Have a great day, Shirleyx

Candy C said...

Trace, your heart piece is wonderful! I love how you did the base for this! The tissue paper followed with a good coat of gesso looks really cool. Your hearts look amazing against the background. I love all of the little buttons, beads, etc. that you used to fill them. They are beautifully done. Very striking piece! <3 Candy

Anna-Karin said...

Wow Trace! This is fabulous! LOVE the background with the text and the gesso. Your hearts are just wonderful, such a great ways to use some pretty bits and pieces.

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE the BG! and the doodles around the hearts!

Sandra said...

Your piece is wonderful! Love all the buttons in those heart shapes! And the sentiment is just perfect! Hugs, Sandra

Anonymous said...

Love this use for buttons! So gorgeous!

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, that's quite some button collection you have there! Absolutely love your background too...
Alison x

Maria said...

Gorgeous hearts and buttons! What an amazing creation!!!

Karin said...

wow this is gorgeous!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Super gorgeous project, Trace! I really love the way you perfectly placed a sentiment amongst the beautiful buttons!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful hearts of buttons! Love that you snuck the sentiment in the middle and the modge podge background is beautiful!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful hearts of buttons! Love that you snuck the sentiment in the middle and the modge podge background is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...