Monday, June 25, 2012

Hello

I was on such a roll creating and then I came to a halt....no sure why...guess it just happens sometimes. This background sat on my desk for days...then I challenged myself to use up previously made items that never made it to a card, and it finally came together. I guess I was in a rush to finish it, because after I glued down the butterfly and sentiment I realized I had thought to stamp a design on the blue cut out :( Anyway..so happy to have a card to share today :)


I decided to play along with the challenge over at the Impression-Obsession blog: Red, White and Blue Challenge. I used a very versatile stamp by them... CR006 Honeycomb. I am sure you know by now how I coloured it in LOL. The image was embossed with white embossing powder and then I coloured in the combs with my Tim Holtz Distress Markers, and then spritzed with a water mixture and Perfect Pearls....yes I am still in LOVE with them...LOVE how they easily wipe off the embossed image as you can see here:


The sentiment is a sticker from SRM. The die cuts are from Papertry Ink.

Hope you have a fantastic day! Hugs, TRace








13 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow! Trace, that background is outstanding! Love the butterfly, die cut and the sentiment too! Very creative!! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!

Anonymous said...

Bond says, glad you got your mojo back. love this color esp with the 4th of July coming up. Love your card and keep em comming, love to see your creations.

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous card Tracey, I love that honeycomb colored in! Congratulations on your TE prize winnings at Moxie Fab~wooo hooo!!!

Craftyfield said...

What a lovely card ! Can't believe the patience involved in coloring the background.. to great effect I must say.

scrapaholic said...

Tracey, would you mind sharing what those purple flowers are called from your June 9th post? They are beautiful! Are they perrenials?

Katie said...

Great card and congratulations on winning the Impression Obsession prize! I like the blue die cut, I think it's bold and looks good! And I wanted to say that I have been enjoying seeing all of your creations with the distress markers and perfect pearls spray. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Anonymous said...

Bond says...Cool you won the IO prize. Good for you and you certainly deserve it for your beautiful creations. Congrats girl.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Tracey, Congratulations on winning the IO Challenge. I wanted to play but had a little accident that has stopped my creativity for a little while. Will be back soon :) enjoy the shopping ! Shirleyx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Oops, forgot to say that I love your creation ! Love those backgrounds with the Distress Markers, will give it a try soon :) Have a great day,

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi again, thanks for your visit to my blog and kind words :) I should have included this link in my Dylusions Tag post. This video shows the designer of Dylusions demo of the product. She is fun !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWb258czM4I I hope this link works.

Robin Cooper said...

Your red marker is definitely red--unlike mine--and Ranger has already replaced it. Did you mix colors to get the vibrant red?

Miri said...

This background is lovely! What a great idea to colour background stamps with so many different colours. I definitely have to try this one day ...

Belinda said...

this is to die for!!! I just love how you do this technique - soooooooo pretty & so effective. LOVE.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...