Sunday, November 29, 2009

CAARDvarks "Color It" Challenge

After so many "girly" cards last week, I felt like using some darker colours....funny thing is it is still "girly" I guess I am just a "girly" girl!!! Had so much fun playing with my Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Hero Arts stamps!

To create the background it was a five step process :) I inked white PI paper with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in colour milled lavender, then I stamped it with HA Cling stamp Flourish Background in colour dusty concord. Next I stamped the paper with HA Cling stamp Floating Flowers in colour broken china and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Accents of white dots were added with my white Galaxy Marker.
HA Cling stamp Butterflies were coloured using my Copics and coated with Ranger Glossy Accents.

I don't think I have ever made such a dark card, but I am OK with it :) Just have to find the right person to send it to!

Have a wonderful day!
TRace

20 comments:

Laurel said...

Beautiful!

CinnamonSally said...

Very sweet card, Love the oval shape.

Britta Swiderski said...

Absolutely gorgeous as usual! I don't think it's too dark at all, but I do think it's funny how you ended up with such a girly card when you didn't really want to. I love the background- awesome job! I'll have to try layering like that soon.

Heather Gates said...

what a nice card! the butterfly is so great!

Sanne said...

Woooooooooow Tracey - This is awesome. Love your background and the butterfly is so eye catching. Great in purple!!!

Lin said...

LOVE THIS!! There is something about these colors together that's ringing my chimes! Love the colors!

Lea L. said...

Very beautiful! I love the shape and color combo you used! Great job with the Caardvarks challenge!

♥Lea

Vanessa said...

Adorable card, Tracey! So eyecatching! Love everything about it!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Alice said...

what a beauty Tracey!!!!!!!! love those beautiful girly colors you used!!!!! LOVE IT!!

Courtney Baker said...

Dang Tracey you are GOOD! I love this. And it really is still very girlie!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Awww...another stunner! I love to see you work with purple, beautiful colors and love this oval shape!

Virginia L. said...

Simply GORGEOUS! I love the deep purple in this! Fantastic coloring, sista!

Unknown said...

Love it! I just popped over to tell you I awarded you on my blog here: http://jorgaunnasplaceoffascination.blogspot.com/

Diana said...

Beautiful oval card Tracey!

Stamping Cafe said...

OMG, Tracey!! What a stunning card, love love love the butterfly and the color combo, so perfect!!

Thank you for following me and the wonderful comment you left on my blog! I'm very glad to find you blog, love your work!

Amy said...

Such a striking card, love the jewel toned colors! Beautiful!

Jane said...

Gorgeous!!

Jill said...

Beautiful! Your background is a work of art!!

Suzanne C said...

So lovely! So much to love about this card including the colors you used. Love the stamped layering!

Pajalu said...

Wow Tracey I absolutely love the tags. Your cards are so beautiful as well. You are so inspiring.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...